2. DANCE FOR LANCE! If you are into Zumba, there is going to be a zumbathon in Lewis County on Saturday, February the 5th. If you aren't into Zumba... come anyway. I think it will be a good time. More information to come as soon as times are set.
3. Shannon Gilbert! Shannon is now at Cardinal Hill. She is up walking, and is talking more and more each day. She actually spoke to my dad on the phone last Friday. We are so excited. I plan to go visit her this week.
4. Lance will definitely be in Atlanta until February the 3rd. Prior to that date, we will have another family conference where we will learn what the team (made up of Lance's doctors, nurses, and therapists) thinks is his best course of treatment. He may be ready for therapy at that time, he may be granted an extension of the PREP level. Or he may come home to Kentucky. Should that happen, we will be waiting and watching for him to completely emerge out of his unconsciousness state. Tentatively, once he has emerged he will go back to the Shepherd Center for his therapy. Like, I said... tentatively, we are taking this one day at at a time.
5. Dad mentioned in his blog last week that Lance had been making some noises since his trach had been capped. Mom said that when she put the guitar in front of him yesterday, he was a distinctively different sound. Lance will also wave... his friend, Mary and her mom came to see him last weekend, when they were leaving, Lance waved to them. He is also reaching out for the phone when mom tells him someone wants to talk to him.
6. Some of my friends have been telling me that they couldn't leave comments on the blog unless they were signed in. I think that I have fixed that. Everyone should now be able to leave us a comment without having a username. Hope this helps!
7. We have Live the Lion bracelets.
They are red eco-friendly rubber bracelets. One side says LIVE THE LION and the other, Isaiah 40:28-31. That scripture has been printed on cards we have received, written on the inside of others, scribbled on a scrap piece of paper, sent in text messages, posted on facebook, left on voicemails and even embroidered on a quilt since Lance's accident. If you don't know it, I encourage you to look it up.
If you want a bracelet, please let me know and I'll do my best to get it to you soon. And a HUGE thanks to Shauna and Deah for purchasing the bracelets!
We want everyone to feel connected, to know that we appreciate your prayers, and to remind you not live everyday as a sheep, but as a Lion.